Wednesday 23 October 2013

ASSIGNMENT 5;
MY OWN INTERPRETATIONS
Me and my two friends, Olivia and Niamh decided to make our own interpretations of Vee Speers portfolio 'Thirteen' and 'The Birthday Party' with our own little edge to spice the photos up a bit. We really liked his idea about the girls in thirteen going through growing pains. Me, Olivia and Niamh had the idea that we could make us look thirteen but as if we wanted to grow up so desperately that we started getting aggressive and mental about the whole situation. 
^ Click on the links above to see Vee Speers portfolio on each of them. 
 
We tried recreating this by standing in front of a white wall (shame about the fire box but we couldn't crop that out) Then because we didn't have a ragged doll,with hair coming out, we decided to use a teddy. It was my idea to be strangling it/ripping it apart. I really like the fact our facial expressions are the same, as if we're really angry and tired of being young. I should have looked at some of the photos in more detail before we took the photos because this girls hair is in plaits and i could have easily done that, as well as the dress because we did actually have one present. Although I didn't want to copy the photo completely I think this is a really good interpretation.
This was my second Interpretation of a picture from Vee Speers 'Birthday party' again. This photo was copied a lot more than the last interpretation with the way my model is standing and the hand is in the same sort of position as well as her hair being up in some sort of way. This photo didn't really have much of a message to me but i used it anyway because the balloon was easy to do.
The next photo we tried to interpret was probably the funnest to do. We also took many photos using the scissors because there were so many positions and different things to do with them. This was the photo that's most like Vee Speers version, although I decided to cross my fingers as if i didn't want anyone to know that i was cutting my hair. I thought it made a really nice edge to the photo.

These are the rest of the photos we took, they were inspired by all of the photos in Vee Speers two collections/portfolios




 - Photography and edits by Maddie Mason




No comments:

Post a Comment