Sunday 29 September 2013

Learning how to research effectively
3.Lighting
This slideshow was a bit long but each slide taught me something about lighting and what equipment you need to have the correct lighting effects and how your model or object needs to be positioned to get the right affect. There were other slides on lighting about 'portrait lighting' but I chose this slideshow because it covers all different types of lighting.


For my first image I have used a portrait from Perou. I like the lighting and contrast on this image because certain parts of the photo really stand out. I love how the background is dark and you can just about make out the window frames and the roof tiles. Then the models facial features are really clear because they're lit up, as well as the holly on his head. I think this model is meant to look a little like Jesus with his beard and crown of spikes.
The type of lighting used on this specific photo is called 'short lighting' this means that the side of the face that's lighted is the one that's facing away from the camera. 






this next image I picked was also taken from Perou, it's a simple portrait but it uses lighting really nicely. His shirt is extremely dark as are his eyes and his nostrils but his forehead and cheeks are quite light, the models hair also has a bit of shine too it from the lighting. In this photo butterfly lighting is used, because of the shadow underneath his facial features including his nose and eyes etc.


Note: I print screened these photos from Perou's website to I apologise for the arrows at the bottom of the photos. All of Perou's photos are copyright so I wasn't able to save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment